Those who are on the hunt for Instagram-worthy checkpoints in Chiang Mai will have no doubt come across The Barisotel by The Baristro. Minimalistically clean and white in design, it has captured the hearts of many passionate photographers around the world. As a popular boutique hotel, though, the price for a night’s stay doesn’t come cheap. What’s a broke traveller to do, then? Well, there’s always the option of just visiting the highly photogenic café out front, The Baristro.
Open from morning to evening, The Baristro offers visitors a chance to have a preview of the hotel’s beautiful interior design over a cup of coffee. The café is great for anything from catching up with a single friend to hosting a big, smashing party. The setting will wow even the most critical of people.
Fresh, minimalist design? Check. The Baristro’s architecture, just like the hotel it is attached to, is modern and elegant. The owner’s vision was to create a white café, and an incredible white café he has created. Fitted with big windows letting in maximum natural sunlight, The Baristro comprises two floors that look like something you’d find in a Kinfolk Magazine. Props for the maintenance, too. It cannot be easy to keep such a pristine space clean, yet the café remains fresh and glowing even a year after its opening.
A drool-worthy menu design serves as an appetiser to the drool-worthy food at The Baristro. The café may be primarily known for its stunning architecture, but the food certainly doesn’t lose out. Sample a drink, eat a full meal, indulge in a sweet treat – whatever you choose will no doubt impress you, if not in taste, then at least in terms of appearance.
The Baristro definitely deserves all the raving reviews it regularly receives online. If you want to take it a step further and have the cash to do so, do book a room at The Barisotel by The Baristro. Or, you could simply return to the café and become a regular. With speedy wifi and a quiet second-floor loft to work in, you’re good to go for the daily grind that won’t burn a hole in your wallet.
7/2 Soi 9 Nimmanhaemin Road, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
+66 93 494 4599
Chiang Mai Series:
- The Budget-Friendly Hotel That Doubles as an Airbnb
- The Poor Traveller’s Trick to Staying in a Boutique Design Hotel
- If You Love Design, You’ll Love This Japan Inspired Café
- The Only Place You Should Buy Your Bread in Chiang Mai
- Where to Get Your Dose of Coffee and Design in Chiang Mai
- Make Work Fun at Chiang Mai’s Newest Coworking Space
- This Dessert Bar Will Make Your Ice Cream Dreams Come True
- Fulfill All Your Dessert Fantasies at On Cloud Nine
- 7 Instagram-Worthy Cafés in Chiang Mai You Cannot Miss
- Where to Find the Best Massage in Chiang Mai
- The Millennial’s Handbook to 24 Hours in Chiang Mai
If you enjoyed this post and want to get updates on my journey around the world before they even hit this blog, make sure to follow me on Instagram and subscribe to charmainenyw.com’s mailing list!